Mr Ong is now the founder and Managing Director of Conesto Enterprise Pte Ltd, an investment and advisory firm since 2015. He is currently a board and/or an advisory member to
- www.tedagua.com a water company of www.grupocobra.com / www.grupoacs.com Spain;
- www.iij.com a data center infrastructure specialist in Japan;
- www.bemyguest.com.sg an award winning travel start up in Singapore;
- www.aladdinstreet.com a halal e-marketplace in Malaysia;
- www.tnb.vc an accelerator for regional start up supported by Spring Singapore;
- China OBOR Information Center associated with Yunan’s window to Asean; and,
- www.wahglobal.org a water & healthcare impact social organization based in Singapore.
In 2014, at SMRT www.smrt.com which is now a portfolio company of Temasek, Mr Ong was the Group CFO responsible for the Group’s Corporate Finance & Governance portfolios.
From 2006 to 2013, at Hyflux www.hyflux.com, Mr Ong was the Group’s Deputy CEO / CFO and CIO leading the growth agenda of global partnerships and water projects worldwide. He was a Board member of Hyflux Water Trust and the Chairman of SingSpring, a subtrust of CitySpring Infrastructure Trust which is now a part of www.kepinfratrust.com in Singapore.
From 1992 to 2005, at The Dow Chemical Company www.dow.com, Mr Ong held regional and global leadership positions with responsibilities ranging from treasury, planning, project financing, pension fund investment and M&A (including Union Carbide) in support of growth and productivity initiatives in Singapore and USA. He was a Board member of the Dow-SCC Thailand and Dow-Petronas Malaysia JV companies.
From 1989 to 1991, Mr Ong was a team member responsible for corporate finance for Pioneer Hi-Bred which was a dominant global seed company acquired by DuPont www.dupont.com in USA.
Mr Ong holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Alberta, Canada (1986) and an MBA in Finance from Drake University, USA (1988).